If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Transwoman is tased in crotch

edited 2011-12-06 04:38:53 in Meatspace
But you never had any to begin with.

Comments

• edited 2011-12-06 04:54:57
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Urgh.

The police really should do stuff about the transphobia (and other kinds) in their personnel.
    Also probably restrict their usage of tasers, I mean there was no way she needed to be tasered at all.
  • He knows he's being taped, is possibly audible and still pulls that shit off? Forget bigotry, that's just plain stupidity. He's going to enjoy being fired losing vacation days, because honestly, do these sorts of incidents ever have consequences across the pond?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Pigs also physically transform into angry boars if you let them out of a tiny pen for any length of time.
  • You can change. You can.
    IJBM: Blanket statements concerning the police based in horrible cases like these.
  • Here's some blanket statements:

*Riot police are perfect bros.

*Bike cops are condescending nitpickers.

*Neighbourhood cops(not sure if right translation) are the most laidback and effective and are getting replaced by 'city marines' because the concern about crime is inversely proportional to the actual crime rates.

• edited 2011-12-06 10:09:58
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^^ Um . . . what? ಠ_ಠ
  • And then LoveHappiness was SavageHedonist.

• ^Why are you merging those two specific people? O_O
  • Because the former is channeling the latter in this thread.

• No rainbow star
    I know nice police officers and sane RCMP yet I am still scared of officers because of stuff like this (I'm worried that if I am ever in a stressful situation and there is a cop, I may start twitching and they'll taze me or something)

It can't be good to be afraid of law enforcement
  • You mean Savage Heathen?
  • "The Imperial County Desert Rangers"

Well, what do you expect from guys who sound as if they should be guarding Darth Vader or something?

• Well, I don't really like either of them. I'll be keeping a close eye on you (and him if he ever comes here), because I am a mod here and I will not hesitate to kick you out if you start making trouble.

Not you captainbrass, you and I are best buds. (DON'T TELL JUAN HE WOULD BE SO JEALOUS)
  • Glaives are better.
    I feel bad for the transperson. 
  • You can change. You can.
    ;_;
  • -insult comment insulting all police based on isolated incidents here-
  • So often it seems like there's little recourse for officers acting out like this, which is more distressing to me than any individual incident.

Though I suppose it's nice that police aren't as corrupt in the states as they are in poorer countries like Mexico.
  • Glaives are better.
    Oh, come on. You think that this cop is going to get away with randomly assaulting someone, especially if the attack is motivated by hate for a minority?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ It's possible

...Well it's happened before =/ Stupid leave with pay crap...
  • Glaives are better.
    I'd be very surprised if this cop got off with a slap on the wrist, if this gets highly publicized. 
  • I didn't read the article, but there've been some cases where they've gotten away with stuff if I'm remembering right.