If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Accidentally stumbling upon a permabanned member's posts

Comments

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Oh yeah, GL was pretty alright too. Until when he wasn't. I was very surprised when I learned about that incident, I certainly didn't expect that from him.
  • I was fine with GL and inkblot, Chagen was improving, but not fast enough. The others I'm better off without.
  • Moe Dantes, though, well.........
  • You can change. You can.
    Dantes is not permabanned, though. He just quit the site because he thinks we're horrible bullies because we use image macros.

good times
  • Eh.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I know my behaviour at that point was not particularly mature, but all the same, Dantes wasn't warranting much.
  • He tended to be belligerent himself, with his worst moment being when he said he wanted to kill all Americans because he sucked at creative writing. I certainly don't miss him.

I still remember him declaring that hobos should be murdered or something.
  • edited 2011-11-28 21:18:15
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Damn. I don't remember him outright clamoring for death to Americans. But needless to say, after his back-and-forth email chain with the ijbmbans account, I'd gladly ban him again.
    Did he send you that clip where he started talking shit with a "friend"?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Nope. But he compared his lashing out against people arguing with him to a gang-rape victim killing her rapists.
  • ...that's wrong on so many levels. At least he seems to have run away and never return. While someone might welcome him back with open arms, since someone always does, he certainly won't be welcomed by many of us.
  • edited 2011-11-28 21:27:12
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^And I thought Chagen had a persecution complex.

What's this about an e-mail chain though?
    He complained about his ban to our banhandling account. In the manner you'd expect from Dantes.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Gee, it sure is gravedancing around here.
    It's not gravedancing when he's not dead~

It's just talking behind his back.
    Well, we haven't just been dancing on Dantes's departure. I don't quite see what's wrong with gravedancing, to be honest; it can be pretty cathartic.
  • edited 2011-11-28 22:00:13
    Also, talking behind someone's back happens because when you tell it to the person's front, it causes trouble, and worse, you tend to get the blame for it rather than the irritating user you're complaining about. Gravedancing is a way of finally being able to say what you've wanted to say while they were still around.
  • edited 2011-11-28 22:10:53
    You can change. You can.
    honestly, I've been as forthcoming as I could about Dantes...Dantesness both when he was here as today.

I never liked the guy, and I still dislike him to this day. And I don't think it's really a secret that many of us thought lowly of him and his whole "Arbitrer of taste" act.
    And it was universally insulting given how narrow his "expertise" was -- old American cartoons. Apparently his insightful analysis of He-Man makes him better than us.

As much as talking behind someone's back is generally distasteful, I think Dantes has earned his derision here. Quite a few of us have something to say about this, it seems, so I think it's to our credit that it's taken this long for any of us to say anything.
    Well, thats certainly enlightening on many levels.
  • I think, on Christmas Day, we should unban everyone and give them all another chance.
    (Or at least Vorpy.)
  • No rainbow star
    A random draw that is fixed so that Vorpy is guaranteed to come back?
    ^^^ I'd be fine with that, actually. If we interpret "everyone" as "Vorpy", that is.
  • I have absolutely never once had a problem with Dantes.

Or really any banned member here.

At least not anyone currently banned... >.>

• They're somethin' else.
    Good job guys. You're paragons of morality in which all others here should be measured by.
  • edited 2011-11-29 03:16:30
    You can change. You can.
    Oh sorry, didn't notice that we're worse than the guy who thinks that other people posting image macros is equivalent to being gang raped. 
  • edited 2011-11-29 05:43:36
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Talking about people behind their back with malicious intent is uncharacteristic of this place, and I doubt that's only to do with the rules. Many of us actively avoid gravedancing.

Dantes, on the other hand, is someone who has earned some severe derision. Beyond his arrogance and distorted social perspectives, he was not shy to level personal insults, direct or indirect, at people who opposed his perspective. He was an instigator who threatened to drag others towards poor behaviour without making intelligent contributions or even being amusing beyond his fits of rage.

Given those points, I can't bring myself to have much sympathy for him. He should learn some humility and some broadness of perspective before trying to argue with us. And despite how he dresses his language and despite his pretensions, he's weak of intellect. I consider everyone here his better in that respect.
    I can't bring myself to have much sympathy for him.

Me neither, but I don't see how this makes it alright to talk about people behind their backs.

I consider everyone here his better in that respect.

I highly doubt that.

And yes, I'm aware that I tend to do something similar.