If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"WUB WUB WUB"

edited 2011-09-12 16:31:25 in General
[tɕagɛn]
I don't know about anyone else, but Dubstep's use of Wobble Bass doesn't sound much like "WUB WUB" to me. It sounds like.....not much anything to me. ^ That doesn't sound much like "WUB WUB" to me. Also, Dubstep is really good when mixed with D'n'B and Classical.

Comments

• a little muffled
    "WUB WUB WUB"

Close enough?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...LOL
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Ah see whatcha did thar.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    What I thought this thread would be about.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    @Chagen

That song isn't very dubstep at all, it is more DnB than anything.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    All dubstep songs do not sound the same, so that song not having that sound does not mean no dubstep has that sound. Also, that's not dubstep; that is far too fast-paced and schizophrenic to be dubstep. Here is an example of a WUBWUBWUB dubstep song, though it's not the best since I don't listen to it much. Bass starts at 1:15 in.

• edited 2011-09-12 17:30:07
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    This is Dubstep and the bass isn't WUB WUB WUB.

See, there you go, since Ian is British he knows more about dubstep than I.
    ^
    *Nods sagely.*
  • edited 2011-09-12 18:12:19
    Has friends besides tanks now
    What are your thoughts on Skrillex? He seems to be the most well-known dubstep artist right now. I like him, myself.

• "That song isn't very dubstep at all, it is more DnB than anything."

Well, it has that characteristic bass sound. That and Motorstorm Apocalypse's OST was supposed to be a mix of Dubstep and DnB (I mean, the game is British).
    Not every song with an emphasis on bass is dubstep.
  • Also, that song you posted....sounds not like what I expect a dubstep song to sound like.

By the way, just what genre would you categorize the song in the OP as?
    ^
    Well Dubstep sounds like a lot of things, WUB WUB WUB is just a seemingly popular variant.

I'd say DnB.
    I mean there is some bleed over between the genres (obviously) but that really just comes off as DnB

• Huh. I thought the "WUB WUB" was a sure indicator of Dubstep.

But yeah, that song GL posted is the farthes from what I'd expect out of a dubstep song. I thought most of them were clubbish, electronic-inspired songs.
  • Poot dispenser here
    I thought of Ellis' "WUBUBUBU".
  • edited 2011-09-12 20:14:38
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Song Name?
    There is one Daily Mail song I know of.

It's awesome, but it's not dubstep.
  • Yeah. 

Your previous post embeds it. Yet you were supposed to be showing me a dubstep song....? What happened?
    It's better than a dubstep song. Although The King of Limbs does have traces of dubstep in it. 
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

There, dubstep sans "wub".