If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My mom

edited 2011-07-23 20:09:42 in General
She filled my head with silly ideas about compassion and justice and tikkun olam. She taught me that God was good. She was a fool.

Compassion will always be taken advantage of. Justice is a fairy-tale. Tikkun Olam? Trying to fix the world is like putting a band-aid on a 3rd degree burn. The world will fester and rot. See if I care. All I care about is myself. This world is evil. Why should the next be any different? Why should I be any different?

Comments

• Are you okay, Leigh?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    You know who made threads about your mom?

MY MOM!
  • I don't think this is the time.
  • edited 2011-07-23 20:13:57
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    NotSureIfSerious.jpg
  • edited 2011-07-23 20:20:36
    We live in a world where William Zantzinger can kill a maid, and get a 6 month sentence. Sharon Osbourne can make fun of a man who was tortured, and millions of people laugh with her, while the few who speak up won't be heard.

I stopped to help a crying customer today. Will my manager hear anything about that? No. She'll only hear from the rude customer who spread false stories about me to her. I was compassionate. It got me nothing. The crying woman cared about something, otherwise she wouldn't have been so distressed. It got her nothing. The rude customer bullied and lied, and got my manager's sympathy, and almost got me fired.

That is how much good justice and compassion do compared to sociopathy and assholery.
    Alright, dude, really. You okay? 
  • I wish I had something to tell you to make you feel better, but I don't. All I can say is that you should keep trying and hoping.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
    Love them anyway.
    If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    Do good anyway.
    If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
    Succeed anyway.
    Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
    Be honest and frank anyway.
    The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
    Think big anyway.
    People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
    Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
    What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
    Build anyway.
    People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
    Help people anyway.
    Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
    Give the world the best you have anyway.
    I was kinda not happy once, but I did get better. I've even had sex a dozen times or so. It's all good. 
  • Do  you want to bring this to the Insecurities thread on TvTropes? You might get more help there, Leigh.

God, I'm glad that Soti Coto got banned before this thread happened.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Or that Tongpu and Love Happiness don't post here, nothing good would have come of THAT.
  • There is only no justice in the world if you choose to see it that way. Is the world perfect? No.

But at the same time, lots of good can happen as well. There are charities devoted to causes all over the world. Every day, people are doing things to help others.

It's not always noticeable.

But they are there.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Doing good expecting rewards is selfish, so it goes against itself to do good for the sake of gratification.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    An old Indian proverb: "Focus on the task for the sake of the task, not for the sake of the result."
  • Thank you, all people.

I realize I'm not at my most logical right now, but the most evil I think I'll ever manage being is Noble Demon, so I don't think I'll do the evil thing.
  • Also, that customer's a bitch. Seriously.
  • Maybe a tad late to the party, but it's probably best to beep up a friend and go do something fun to distract yourself and get levelheaded again. Making a losing-my-faith-in-humanity thread and trying to give yourself a Start of Darkness are a sign you need to take a short break from the internet, especially since you get a truckload of bad news and other people's angst to drag your own mood down on the tubes.