If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I picked up Chantelise, but none of the daily deals today interest me.

And I just got a 75% off coupon for Garry's Mod >_<.
  • ... and I wasn't even going to buy Monday Night Combat, either. That, Clear Sky, and With Fire And Sword are my purchases for today.
  • edited 2011-12-21 12:36:10
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I got a coupon for joining the darn official group.  Oh well.

Sales on Chantelise and Recettear, as well as other things like Tropico 4 and HL2 and The Witcher 1 and 2, are still on until 5 PM eastern.

Neverwinter Nights is in the new day's batch of deals.  Sorry, I just bought Recettear for a friend.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Steam won't let me view my inventory T_T
  • edited 2011-12-21 12:40:15
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Well here's all the daily deals, (ripped shamelessly from Earl of Sandvich):

• Batman: Arkham City (50% off)
    • Defense Grid: The Awakening (75% off, incl. DLC and the new You Monster campaign)
    • F1 2001 (50% off)
    • Grotesque Tactics series (75% off)
    • Jurassic Park The Game (50% off)
    • Monday Night Combat (75% off)
    • Mount & Blade series (75% off)
    • Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum edition (75% off)
    • PAYDAY: The Heist (50% off)
    • Sherlock Holmes series (75% off)
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (75% off)
    • Swords And Soldiers (75% off)

And the achievements:

• Join the 2011 Holiday Group: Years from now,
      you can look back and say "I was there. . ." with a wistful glint in
      your eye. Go to the Steam Community to see who’s already had too much
      eggnog.
    • Flurry: Earn a gold medal on an adrenaline challenge mode. (Defense Grid: The Awakening)
    • All I Want For Christmas Is You: Use the Aztec Mindcontrol spell five times in a single online match. (Swords And Soldiers)
    • Merry Xmas: In multiplayer, find a Xmas present on any level. (PAYDAY: The Heist)
    • Holiday Bonus: At the docks, get Miles to offer Nima a bonus. (Jurrassic Park The Game)
    • Gift of Efficacy: Cast the "Gift of Efficacy" spell on a friendly unit (Guardians Of Graxia)

• edited 2011-12-21 12:40:12
    Is it coughing up errors?

Oh, also, I bought some random $0.49 hat in TF2.  Now I have a premium account.  Which means I can kill time playing TF2 then generate goodwill by gifting my random drops to people.
  • edited 2011-12-21 12:42:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, it alternates between not loading the page and saying "your inventory is not available at this time."

EDIT: Finally loaded. Coal.
  • Checking your in-game backpack in TF2 sometimes fixes it.
    I don't play TF2, but it did finally fix itself.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    IJBM: The Steam "Great Gift Pile" gift/prize/sweepstakes/promotion program does not show what gifts you might get if you craft coal.

This is distinctly different from the Steam Summer Sale.

I've read (from the Steam forums) stories of getting a coupon, getting back coal, and getting Worms Reloaded.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Apparently you can get Saints Row the Third and fucking Skyrim from gifts.
  • No rainbow star
    Imagine winning the grand prize...
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Okay, so my current plan is to get Defense Grid + DLC ($3.99) and the SpaceChem DLC ($1.33), which would leave me with $5.11. Can anyone recommend a good $5 (or two $2.50) game(s)?
  • Call of Pripyat for $5 or Monday Night Combat for $2.50.
  • edited 2011-12-21 13:47:30
    Recettear ($4.99 for two more hours today), Terraria ($4.99), Chantelise ($2.49), Fate of the World ($2.49), Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum ($4.99 until 1 PM eastern tomorrow), Braid ($2.49), Sanctum ($2.49), Tobe's Vertical Adventure ($2.49), Trauma ($1.75), Audiosurf ($4.99), Magicka ($3.99), Portal ($4.99),...

Note: I haven't played all of these before.  I have played Recettear, Terraria, and Braid.  The rest are on my wishlist somewhere.

@Icalasari: If I won the grand prize, I would have to switch to Installed mode on my Steam library.
  • edited 2011-12-21 13:51:42
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    ^^ According to the System Requirements Lab, my subpar-for-gaming-purposes laptop can't run 'em. Same goes for Psychonauts, else I would consider that one as well.

^ Already have TRAUMA (some charitable person gave me a Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle) and Portal, the rest I'll have a peek at. Let's see... (Sanctum is a no go, Terraria's a possibility, this site doesn't have stats on Braid or Recettear...)
    Okay, 50% off a Valve game is kinda decent.  That was the second "free gift" I got early on.  But...50% off Farming Simulator 2011?  As a gift?  Whut.
    Should I get Fate of the World or Chantelise?
    I've seen Chantelise discounted more often than I've seen FotW discounted.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    I have 25% off a Valve game, and 66% off Singularity. And coal. Meh.
  • edited 2011-12-21 14:12:55
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    FoTW!

edit:

Also does anyone want Counter-Strike: Source as a gift?
  • edited 2011-12-21 14:17:00
    ...holy shit, the Humble Indie Bundle 4 is already reporting total revenues of US$1.86 million.

Humble Introversion Bundle: (total revenues US$0.77 million)
    * Darwinia, Multiwinia, Uplink, DEFCON, and two tech demos
    * BTA: Aquaria, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Dungeons of Dredmor

Humble Indie Bundle 4:
    * Jamestown, Bit.Trip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Shank, Nightsky HD
    * BTA: Cave Story +, Gratuitous Space Battles, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves

I guess HIB4 has BTR, SMB, CS+, and VVVVVV, while HIvB has Aquaria and Dredmor.  That said, perhaps the biggest reason is that the games I've heard the most buzz about in HIvB are extras.  Except possibly Darwinia, which I hear is award-winning.
    @INUH: It's usually a 50% discount, though, not a 75% discount.
    True, but I don't see FotW get a discount of any kind very often.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Also FoTW is more expensive than chanteliese so it is more of a saving.
    (However obviously buy what you prefer.)
  • edited 2011-12-21 14:36:30
    ^^ Oh, you've actually been following it?  Huh.

Maybe I will grab that, then.

Though, funny thing is that I can safely wait to see if something else grabs my interest.  Though I doubt anything will; I've pretty much wishlisted anything that I actually care to get.  And more expensive or more modern games are unlikely to run on my computer anyway.

^ They're the same in the U.S.--US$9.99.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Really?
    Huh.
    In their original price Chanteliese is like £3 cheaper here.
    What are the prices?
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I don't use Steam (for various reasons) , so their sale is no use to me.

GOG's sale is a different matter, though. I got Rise of the Triad, One Unit: Whole Blood, Baldur's Gate II, Might and Magic VI Limited Edition (M&M I-VI + Swords of Xeen), Descent 1+2 and Wing Commander: Privateer.

Also, I plan to get all Ultima games (Ultima 1+2+3, Ultima 4+5+6, Ultima 7 The Complete Collection and Ultima Underworld 1+2) soon. If I'm unable to hold myself back (which doesn't seem unlikely, as I transfered twice as much money as I need for the Ultimas to my Paypal account), I'll get more games.

Together with the Ultima games, this makes for 23 new games. And I try not to think about how I'll ever be able to play them...