If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^ Still so little money

I'm still trying to save for a trip to see my girlfriend this summer, after all. I need money for the plane ticket and money to spend while down there (I'm being picked up at the airport (Calgary drivers scare me too much to learn how to drive D:) and I may be staying at her house, reducing costs somewhat)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Neo_Crimson: Want a 50% off Farm Simulator 2011?  Or a 50% off a Valve game?
  • edited 2011-12-23 15:40:36
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Blueeyedrat: here's my inventory: http://www.tf2items.com/id/quintsakugarne .

I'm interested in your Phlogistonator, Detonator, Jarate, and Short Circuit.  What I'd ask for depends on what you'd like to have from me.
    I want to link to Steam inventory but it seems that that feature is currently either slow or down.

Good going, Valve.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's hardly Valve's fault that whenever they say to do something, hundreds of thousands of people swarm to do it.
    Hardly.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    It works fine. You accidentally added a . to the URL. I'll trade the Jarate and Short Circuit, since I have more than one of them. 1 Scrap Metal apiece?
  • edited 2011-12-23 16:13:30
    ^ ARRGH PARSER

I think I only have one scrap, so I'll take the Short Circuit.

Now how do we trade...?

Edit: yey
  • edited 2011-12-23 17:30:46
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Got the EYE achievement, but now it won't let me view my inventory T_T

EDIT: Viewed it. More coal T_T

And my Valve coupon seems to have vanished...
  • edited 2011-12-23 18:30:51
    The Steam Inventory feature is pretty much borked like crazy right now.

Also, I seem to have won my first game: Lucidity

See my inventory here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/quintsakugarne/inventory/
    See my wishlist here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/quintsakugarne/wishlist

Anything you want to offer me or get from me?

(Yes, I finally got around to making myself a custom URL set to my username.)
    Is it possible to trade coal for coal? Because I'd do that, just for the gift pile thing.
    I think so.
    If you told me that coal would not be the most useless item in this holiday season's Steam promotion program, I would not believe you.

...but then they came up with coupons.
  • 25% Coupons, better still.
    You got a 25%? Lucky.
    INUH got a 10% off Valve game coupon.
  • edited 2011-12-23 21:05:02
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I've got a 33% off Valve coupon.

Thinking of picking up Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.  Only 5 bucks.
    Ooh, I'd better grab that. Thanks.
  • No rainbow star
    Yeah, I have a 25% coupon as well

Anybody want to trade so that I can get another item from the give away since I have pretty much none of the games?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I will.
  • No rainbow star
    :D

Your Steam account?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It's just Forzare.
  • No rainbow star
    Mine is Icalasari

...Well that makes that simple :D
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    If I'm unable to hold myself back (which doesn't seem unlikely, as I
    transfered twice as much money as I need for the Ultimas to my Paypal
    account), I'll get more games.

So I wrote two pages ago. To make a long story short, I bought Wing Commander 1+2 and Star Control 1+2 from GOG.

...Magic Carpet and Darklands look very tempting too (although I never managed to get into either when I tried years ago).
    Well, looks like I'm not getting any of today's achievements. Guess I'll work on the Psychonauts one.
  • edited 2011-12-24 12:30:09
    I can get today's AYIM achievement.  Beaten that game already, though I haven't gotten a ton of new achievements that were added a few months ago.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SKYRIM'S ON SALE AND I SPENT $40 ON RENEWING MY ANTI-VIRUS.

I DON'T HAVE MONEEEEEEEY.
    And that would be why I don't use paid antivirus services.
  • edited 2011-12-24 13:56:20
    My computer probably can't run Skyrim.  I also don't have money.

I have an easy decision to make.
  • edited 2011-12-24 15:28:13
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Heh.
    The FoTW forum has a huge thread asking about the achievement as the game requires a lot more nuanced understanding than the people expected.

Also possibly a best part of FoTW: (Spoilered)
    If you get AI research in the region with your HQ every turn you have a chance to be contacted by a rogue AI Thanatos who will allow you do do 'evil' actions (forced sterilisation, bio weapons etc) by controlling the World's information flow without worrying about having the population turn on you.

However if you let the global temperature rise too high, he has a 50% to release a gene plague as humanity is too dangerous to live.
    Edit:
    Also a thread on the forums complaining the game is 'offensive to republicans' as it features welfare programmes and stuff about global warming.