If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Okay, Psychonauts is great.

How far in do I have to get for te achievement?
  • edited 2011-12-22 19:52:00
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I have 8.78.  This was originally designed to buy two 2.99 games and a 2.50 (or 2.49) game.

Right now, the choices look like the following:
    * Fate of the World - S 2.49 GG 2.50
    * Septerra Core - GG 2.48 (GOG 2.99)
    * Fallout 1 or 2 - GOG 2.99 (S 4.99)
    * Tobe's Vertical Adventure - S 2.49 GG 2.50
    * Chantelise - GG 3.38 (S 4.99)
    * Trauma - S 1.75 (GG 6.99)
    * Braid* - GG 2.49 S 2.49
    * Sanctum** - GG 2.49 S 2.49
    * Magicka - GG 3.40 (S3.99)
    * Project Black Sun - GG 3.49

* I've played this some already.
    ** I'm not sure if this will run on my computer.

What do?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'd suggest FotW, FO1 and...i dunno.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh hey, Torchlight runs on this computer.

I'm beginning to understand why my mom and my sisters get so excited over sales.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Your mom and sisters are gamers?

I am jelly.
  • edited 2011-12-22 22:55:52
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Clothes sales. :V

Also supermarket sales.
  • * I've played this some already.

Aaaaaand... did you like it?  If yes, buy the game because you know it wouldn't be a waste of money, if not don't because you know it would be a waste of money.

I'm divided on whether I want to buy it or not.  On one hand, it is pretty creative and artistic and atmospheric at times.  On the other hand, it is a puzzle platformer, and I'm not a big fan of them since I tend to suck at them.
  • edited 2011-12-22 23:13:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Really, IMO, Braid's better part is the puzzle platformer aspect. The artsy stuff gets pretentious toward the end. And it isn't easy to get me to say that.
    Just picked up Braid, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Breath of Death VII.
    I hear a lot of buzz around CStW and BoDVII.  What's so good about them?

Also, does BoDVII have anything to do with parodying Breath of Fire?
    Anyone want to trade their shitty coupon for my shitty coupon for the gift pile thingy today?
  • edited 2011-12-23 12:15:30
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What's your shitty coupon?

I have one for 50% off Farm Simulator 2011.  Which might actually be a very good game, but I'm just not interested, especially if it costs me more than $2.49.  Which it does, by a lot.
    I have one for 10% off a Valve game.

I'd be okay with that trade if you are, since I wouldn't actually need to use either one.
  • edited 2011-12-23 12:19:35
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    I have 2 coal, 25% off a Valve game, 66% off Singularity, and 50% off Sol Survivor. And assorted TF2 stuff I don't need and/or planning to scrap. Anyone for a trade?
    What TF2 stuff do you have?

Alternatively, link me to your inventory.
    I'm trying to get the Psychonauts achievement, but it keeps crashing on the first prerendered cutscene T_T
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Here you go. Tradestuffs are on page 1.
    Audiosurf for $2.49 on Steam until 5 PM eastern tomorrow.  It's also useful for one of the Great Gift Pile achievements.  Incidentally, it is on my wishlist, but not a high-priority item, so I probably won't buy it.

Fate of the World, which is discounted to $2.49 until 2 Jan 2012, is also used in an GGP achievement.

Cave Story Plus has been discounted to $4.99, also until 5 PM tomorrow.
  • edited 2011-12-23 12:48:45
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So has anyone here played the 2010 AvP game?

Is it worth 4 bucks?
  • From what I heard, it is. That's one of the games I need to buy before the sale is over, along with Medieval 2 and Jedi Academy.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >
    Fate of the World, which is discounted to $2.49 until 2 Jan 2012, is also used in an GGP achievement.

Worth getting.
    I think it'd be quite hard getting that achievement though. :p
    Hmm...I'll hold off on that a few days, since I already have the Psychonauts achievement and the EYE Divine Cybermancy one to work on.
  • No rainbow star
    I've only gotten the two achievements that don't need games D:

I'd have a third one but Defcon won't let me use the Tutorial, so I can't figure out how to nuke Santa

As such, I have a 75% coupon and two coal. That's all :(
    Incidentally, trading appears to be down because of all the people wanting to do it.
  • No rainbow star
    Oh, I also have yet to play any Fallout game...
    3 is good. I can't comment on the first two, but I hear they're excellent, and given that a lot of the people who made Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines were also on the original Fallout team, I'm inclined to believe it.
  • edited 2011-12-23 13:51:28
    Fallout was really good. Haven't played 2 yet.

3 is really good. I liked it enough to sink about 60 hours into it.

New Vegas is probably my favorite.
  • No rainbow star
    So many games to play, so little money...
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >So many games to play, so little money...

steamsales.jpg

Also anyone want to trade for anything? All I have is coal.