If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hmmm...guess I'll install SK and go for that after The Witcher is done downloading.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...okay, fine, I'll reinstall SK.
  • I'm loving all the indie bundle games I'm finally playing thanks to the holiday achievements.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Just bought Dungeons of Dredmor too.

FUCK I'M FALLING DOWN ALL THESE DEALS
    Anyone got any recommendations for interesting games that are on sale right now?

Personally, I'd have to recommend Recettear, which is 75% off and a very unusual title.
  • edited 2011-12-20 19:31:57
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Forzare

All of TV Tropes and like every gamer warned you, bro.

We all warned you about Steam sales.

----

^ Yeah.  Recettear is my favorite game there that's currently on sale for today only.

I also have Chantelise and Portal on my wishlist.  Those are both discounted, to 2.49 and 4.99 respectively.  I might snatch up the first if there's nothing else inviting.
  • edited 2011-12-20 19:31:53
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^You know what the worst part is?

You like it, don't you?

Also, Diggle Nog and the Super Meat Boy achievment GET! But I only have 3 lumps of coal and a 50% off Valve coupon to show for it. :\
  • That's why I'm limiting myself to what I really "need". Which still comes out to more than $23 I don't have.
  • edited 2011-12-20 19:38:04
    By the way, Good Old Games is also having a sale on a bunch of stuff.  This includes both Fallout games, which it's selling for less than Steam.

Steam price: base price 9.99, sale price 4.99
    GOG price: base price 5.99, sale price 2.99

(That's for each Fallout game.)

I think I'm going to get Septerra Core from GOG, and maybe something else.

They're also offering the Tropico Reloaded bundle, which includes two games and an add-on to one of them.  Also 2.99.
    GOG doesn't take my credit card T_T
  • Thank God I didn't see anything I needed there. Do you want me to go broke?
    ^^ Do you do Paypal?  I could get you something and then you could reimburse me.
    No, I don't use Paypal.
  • edited 2011-12-20 19:47:05
    ^^^ I actually have a pretty tight budget for myself; liming myself to only about four discounted games in total.  Less if the money is split in wrong ways.

Then again, it does help that the games I tend to want tend to not be the trendy stuff; it's mostly a handful of older titles and a bunch of indie games.

Edit: Oh, speaking of wishlist...one of the possible Steam prizes is top 5 games.  brb reordering wishlist
  • My list is 5, for a total of $23.21. Not too bad, but still...
  • edited 2011-12-20 21:08:24
    ...oh.

My Steam wishlist has 23 items; there are 4 on my GOG wishlist.

I pretty much just wishlist everything I might enjoy owning.  I don't actually plan on buying every one of them.

Edit: lol I had "everyone one"
  • edited 2011-12-20 19:50:56
    Same here, only buying games I'd really like to play right now.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    I have $10.43 in my Steam wallet, and I'm trying to figure out what games I really want.

I DON'T KNOOOW
    Get Recettear, if you don't have it.
  • I should not have bought Dungeons of Dredmor, it looks like it is going to be a major time sink. 
    I got it unintentionally lol.

I bought the previous Humble Bundle, and beat the average, and it was added to the Bundle after my purchase.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So out of the 14 games I just bought, only six of them work on the crappy netbook I am stuck on.  :V
    Check the stats before you buy next time. :P

Just wondering, what did you buy and what isn't working?
    WORKING:
    Bit.Trip Runner
    Cave Story
    Dungeons of Dredmor
    NightSky
    Super Meat Boy
    VVVVVV

NOT WORKING:
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    And Yet It Moves
    Cogs
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Hammerfight
    Jamestown
    Shank

It's only temporary, anyway.  I need to get my good computer fixed, which won't have any problem running any of them.  I just wanted to get them while they were cheap.
  • edited 2011-12-21 00:21:47
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    First one there isn't surprising. Amnesia's quite pretty, especially considering that it's an indie game.
    My computer runs CPD and AYIM just fine.  I don't think they're particularly processor-intensive or graphics-intensive games.  So I'm surprised.
    Again, shitty old netbook.
  • No rainbow star
    That reminds me

If anybody wants to get me gifts... *nudges Steam Wishlist*
    Heh, that's partly why my wishlist exists.  Like, frankly, I very unlikely to buy Puzzle Agent 2 or Magicka or Dungeon Defenders or Audiosurf, for example, but if you want to gift them to me, go ahead.

That said, I do have to keep reordering my wishlist because of the nonzero probability of my winning various Steam giveaways.
    The sales for various games, including Recettear, Chantelise, Dungeons of Dredmor, Lego Batman, Tropico 3 (I think it's that version?), and a few others lasts for another four hours, until 5 PM eastern.