If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'll never know what the covered exit on this sign was

edited 2015-09-14 19:17:09 in General
And it's going to drive me insane.

Comments

• Good god, it's going to drive me insane too and I'm not even the one that's crazy on roadsigns.
  • edited 2011-07-23 14:54:04
    Reading Google map. Probably "Florence Avenue"
  • I think Florence Avenue is on the wrong side of the freeway, but who knows. This freeway was re-built around 2000 or so, so it's quite possible that whatever the exit was is long gone.

Weirdly, looking at the satellite images of I-71 SB, there is one exit between Gilbert Avenue and Third Street, but it's for I-471 to Newport, KY and would not be a "Downtown Cincinnati" exit.
  • Clearly the solution is to physically go there.

Alternatively, you can use your imagination to put the best road name ever there.

• Clearly the solution is to physically go there.
    How do you think I took the picture, silly?

Alternatively, you can use your imagination to put the best road name ever there.
    I've got it: Central Avenue!
  • edited 2015-09-14 19:18:17
    Holy crap, after all these years I finally found a website with an older picture of it!

That clears that one up then. :D
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Now all we need is Waltzy to show up and say she won't have to go insane now. By the way, this looks like a problem which could have been solved by, like, analysis of the possible exits in the area or some such stuff like that.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh gosh hahahaha :D this is quite gratifying

though the next question becomes, why did the Eggleston Ave exit get shut down?
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    And why is Third Street fourth?
  • lrdgck wrote: »
    By the way, this looks like a problem which could have been solved by, like, analysis of the possible exits in the area or some such stuff like that.

If I'd been paying attention back in 2011 I could have just compared the old satellite images on Google Maps and found the Eggleston Avenue ramp that was removed, but for some reason that didn't occur to me back then. I was dumb. :V

Oh gosh hahahaha :D this is quite gratifying

You just had to further complicate things, didn't ya?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

trollface.png
  • though the next question becomes, why did the Eggleston Ave exit get shut down?

trollface.png

*puts "ROAD CLOSED" barricades across GMH's driveway*

There, that solves that problem.