If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Rape is worse than death!"

edited 2011-06-02 09:55:03 in General
Glaives are better.

No. No it isn't.

Rape is awful. It perverts something wonderful and leaves lasting mental and spiritual scars that may never fade.

But it isn't worse than death.

If you're raped, you have a chance of recovering. You can rebuild your life. Hell, even if you never have sex again, there are other pleasures in life you can experience. You can feel the sun on your face, or the wind in your hair. You can eat a cake. You can play a good videogame, or read a good book. 

Victims of murder are not so fortunate. If you're murdered, you stay dead. There's no coming back, barring miracles - and those don't happen often. A dead person will never feel the sun on their face, or the wind in their hair, or cake in their mouth. Even if dying makes the pain go away, it doesn't make up for the pleasures you'll never experience again.

I have nothing but sympathy for victims of rape. My own mother was assaulted, and I try my best to accommodate her PTSD. 

But getting raped isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person. Saying that you'd rather be murdered is like saying that, given a choice between getting mugged and having your genitals infested with ravenous termites, you'd rather stuff angry insects in your swimsuit area. While I can understand bitterness over a traumatic event, saying that death isn't as bad as rape is disrespectful to the people who've lost loved ones to murder, suicide, sickness or accident. 

Comments

• Some people feel that the sorrow and pain after being raped is far more horrible than being dead.

The "It will never get better" idea is a common belief of suiciders. I don't agree with it--in many cases, I think people can overcome the greatest pain and live in happiness no matter the odds, as you said.
  • Glaives are better.

This "it can never get better" shit gets tiresome. Either they're clinically depressed and should get medication or they're emo and their daddies didn't love them. Either way they should shut the fuck up and do something about it.

Sorrow is acceptable. "WOE IS ME EVERYONE ELSE'S PROBLEMS ARE SECONDARY TO MY DRAMA" is not. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Meh.

To me, death is worse than rape.

But then again, I never had to deal with the onset of depression after it.
  • Murder leaves victims in worse state that rape, however, rape is worse crime than murder.

Personally, as far as this one can say without (thank powers) not experiencing either, this one would rather be killed than raped, but also would rather be raped than raped and killed afterwards anyway.

And, for this one, it has nothing to do with sex in itself. It has to do with...degrees of defeat, so to say. In order to kill, one only needs a moment's opening, if even that. In order to rape, one needs complete helplessness.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I'd rather be raped than killed.

When you die you are dead, when you get raped afterwards you can have support and help, yes you'll may be messed up for a while but you can get support and help and get through it.
  • The only thing this one can see as sufficient to get over rape is a messy death of rapist by her own hand.

The law won't allow this.
  • Glaives are better.
    You know what is sufficient to get over rape? Time, a support network of friends and family, a good criminal justice system, and willpower.
    ^ This is so very correct, in my view.
  • This one admits that it is her subjective and thankfully untested opinion
  • edited 2011-06-02 11:02:15
    You can change. You can.
    What works for you doesn't work for everybody.
    Yeah, but revenge isn't usually allowed in society so chances are support and time and justice will do instead.
  • "The only thing this one can see as sufficient to get over rape is a messy death of rapist by her own hand.

The law won't allow this."

Wait, Russia has law enforcement?
  • You can change. You can.
    Oh, I thought you were talking in general instead of just Beholderess post.

Carry on, then.
  • edited 2011-06-02 11:08:23
    This one knows that it is not allowed.

Which is a shame, really. Oh, and getting the court sentence that wretch won't work quite as well. What this one would like is to look into their eyes and make them know that their life is utterly on her mercy and hers to take.

That would get the feeling of control back.

Wait, Russia has law enforcement?

Umm, it does. Seriously.
    ^ I s'pose it is different strokes for different folks.
  • I....can't imagine you being that angry, Beholderess, actually.

This is the first time I've ever heard you talk about being very vengeful.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

hahaha...

hahahahha...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'm not even sure what to say about that.
    Saying that you'd rather be murdered is like saying that, given a
    choice between getting mugged and having your genitals infested with
    ravenous termites, you'd rather stuff angry insects in your swimsuit
    area.

Not a very good badaphor for the case at hand, since both of those are completely different.

Yes, I would take living over dying any day. Regardless of what happens to my body. I fear death. I hate death. I don't like the thought of not being able to do what I want or be aware of the world at the end. Hell, if living forever meant I would have to forcefully have to subject my body to a rapine, I would take that avenue. After that it wouldn't even be rape anymore. I would beg for it like a crying slut.

But never forget that not all rape victims can recover. It's not like all rape is composed of a weird man sticking a penis into you without your will or a group of guys having their way with you at a party.

Some people have the ideals of thinking "I will make sure you never forget this, ever." and decide to leave you with some unsettling scars or brands so you can never erase that "Wicked anniversary". Some people decide to come back after you, leaving you in a constant moment of unbridled fear.

You never know if you are going to wake up restrained to your bed or getting ripped out of the shower by your hair and have a bag pulled over your face, hell even walking to the parking lot, feeling a heavy strike on your head and then wake up tied to a water pipe outside of a building wearing absolutely nothing.

Death can only happen once, Rape can happen as many times as you are alive.
  • edited 2011-06-02 11:21:34
    Chagen

Let's just say that this one has a sense of justice most people seem to consider rather messed. This one never seen vengeance as a bad thing as long as it is proportional to harm and no innocents are harmed, and would subscribe to an "eye for eye" justice if not for imperfections of court system.

Due to a possibility of harming an innocent this one would not support such measures in current real life situation.

But this one admits that in this particular situation it won't even be about retribution. It would be about not being helpless. To get over being at the wretch's disposal this one would need to have them at her mercy. If she had power over their life and death she'd be sure to demonstrate it, to make them know it - and then it is quite possible that she'd let them live, knowing that they live only because she so decided.
  • edited 2011-06-02 13:03:42
    I don't really see much to say to this subject aside from "lol subjective".

I have my own opinions of which I would choose if forced, but I'm not arrogant enough to think that my "worse" is the same as everyone else's "worse".
  • Yeah, you don't exactly have any grounds to decide which crime is worse, Hatter. I consider rape a form of torture and there are certain degrees of torture past which I would absolutely find death preferable.
  • $80+ per session
    I, personally, would rather be raped then dead.
  • I'd rather be killed.

Death hurts the people left behind.

Rape hurts everyone.

Then again, it's not that I think Rape is a special kind of evil, just that Death is not as bad as people crack it up to be.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Apparently I'm one of the only people here who'd rather die than be raped.
  • You can change. You can.
    I'd prefer death. Rape can be way too many things. It's not just sex against your will...
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Personally, I don't really feel capable of speculating on which of two things I've never experienced is worse.
  • $80+ per session
    Since I have absolutely no way of knowing what Death brings, and have more of a chance of knowing what kind of Rape is in store for me, so to speak, I would choose Rape.
  • "Then again, it's not that I think Rape is a special kind of evil, just that Death is not as bad as people crack it up to be."

This, for me at least.
  • $80+ per session
    "Death is not as bad as people crack it up to be."

How do you know?
  • Well, because the dead person isn't the one suffering. The people left behind are. You know, the mourning, the emotional loss. That's why death is a bad thing.
  • $80+ per session
    True. But I have no way of knowing if I will suffer after I die, and I also consider not existing to be one of my biggest fears so -shrug- Gonna go with rape.