If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I have spent the last half-hour watching MLP:FIM videos on youtube.

edited 2011-05-29 01:25:58 in General
[tɕagɛn]
WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING

Comments

• ...Did you like it?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    NO CHAGEN

ESCAPE WHILE YOU STILL CAN
  • I've spent longer than that watching vampire anime on Youtube.  ^^;

• CA:...Yes.

It has one of the most pleasant and awesome art styles ever and it's actually funny.

I like Rainbow Dash quite a bit, I think she might be my favorite character so far.
  • Pfft, this faggot likes My Little Pony.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    FFFUUUUUUUUU-

That said

I've spent longer than that watching vampire magical girl Moe yuri all of the above anime on Youtube.  ^^;
  • edited 2011-05-29 01:37:28
    Pony Sleuth
    Here's a link to a thread with links to 720p downloads. Should be nicer than YouTube, but whatevs.

• Careful, Gelzo.
    11. Do not do anything illegal. If you have to ask whether it's legal, chances are it isn't.
  • Oh cool any recommendations Frodo?
  • I already have the first episode legally from Itunes. It was free and I was dl'ing Angel Beats! episode one, so I thought "fuck it, might as well get MLP:FIM too".
    MLPFIM

Why did I try to say that out loud?
  • I just realized that Chagen and Cygan kind of rhyme.
  • edited 2011-05-29 02:03:45

Oh cool any recommendations Frodo?

Black Blood Brothers: a Blade ripoff and a kid vampire fight off commandoes and other vampires while looking for an apartment in a new town.

Blood Plus: Beautiful scenery and characters. Sadder than most Friendly Neighborhood Vampire tales.

Chibi Vampire Karin: A reverse vampire must donate blood to survive. Highly recommended for comedy value.

Nightwalker: Midnight Detective - Pretty standard Vampire Detective story, except the perps are demons. Awesome opening theme.

Rosario to Vampire: Human gets sent to the vampire's private school by mistake, and hilarity an Unwanted Harem with lots of panty shots ensues.

Vampire Hunter D: the classic. Local girl hires a vampire hunter to kill the vampire who bit her. Very violent, creatures getting cut in half and such.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust: this time it's a competition between hunters to find a vampire accused of kidnapping.

Rosario to Vampire: Human gets sent to the vampire's private school by mistake, and hilarity an Unwanted Harem with lots of panty shots ensues.

The manga is recommended.
  • "Do not do anything illegal."

Pretty damn sure posting links isn't illegal. And really, it can't be any worse than watching them on YouTube, and Hasbro has tolerated people uploading those. From what I hear, they're more interested in the extra revenue they get from selling the toys of the characters than from advertisement or selling the episodes on iTunes.
  • edited 2011-05-29 02:19:40
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Posting links to illegal content is illegal, yes.

Not sure if torrents are illegal, but I suspect yes.

(This is why I posted the rule rather than removing the link, because I am not sure.)
  • Google isn't coming up with much, but what little it is coming up with says it's not illegal to link to torrents.

But even if you were to take down the link, it's silly to prevent me from mentioning Ponychan or saying that it has those links on a stickied thread on the /pony/ board. I don't mean to undermine your authority by poking for loopholes, I'm just pointing out what I'm seeing.
    I wouldn't prevent you from mentioning it, just directly linking it. The same as I wouldn't care if you had messaged Chagen with the links. I mean, it's one thing to say "You might try Ponychan for better quality footage.", but it's another to say "Here is a link that will take you directly to a thread with links to illegal torrents."

Y'know?
    Also, second half of the rule-

If you have to ask whether it's legal, chances are it isn't.
  • So what's the point of allowing someone to mention it/direct people towards it but not to simply link it? Without clicking Gelzo's link, only knowing that it's a stickied thread on /pony/, it took me less than a minute to find the thread.
    One is direct implication, one is a vague direction.
  • edited 2011-05-29 02:51:30
    Pony Sleuth
    The rule as you're interpreting it seems to mean that if I'm unsure about the legality of something, it shouldn't be something I should do. If that's the case, I haven't broken a rule since it didn't even occur to me that the link could be illegal. Hell, it doesn't even link to a torrent. It links to links of torrents.

I suppose you could take the link down IF THAT HELPS YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT YOU MONSTER since anyone interested has probably already seen it by now and what CA said. At this point I guess I'm just having fun with the e-lawyering.

But I think even if it was illegal, it'd be about on the same level as going 5mph over the speed limit, if that.
    I'm not accusing you of breaking a rule...

It's just a vague feeling of 'Ehhhhh...' I had. I posted the rule, just as a reminder. I didn't really see it as breaking a rule, but it was certainly toeing the line. (Bolding the important part of the message.)

If I was accusing you of breaking a rule, I would have thumped the post.

As I didn't, you can assume that you're cool. Just keep the rule in mind in future, OK?
  • Okay, that makes sense.

And yeah, I don't really make a habit out of committing crimes. Hell, off the top of my head I don't even know of anything I can do on this forum that would be illegal other than... oh, actually...

Well, I might as well not go there.
  • I think it grows on you after a while. If you've made it to episode 7, I think chances are good that it will.