If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Over-the-top tropers

edited 2011-05-18 10:23:09 in General
CRIMINAL SCUM!
People like Savage Heathen and Love Happiness who say things like, they think it would be a good idea to lynch all cops, and we'd be better off abolishing the government and all authority.

Good grief.

Comments

• edited 2011-05-18 10:39:39
    Tableflipper
    This world would be better if everyone ever looked excessively pretty.

and if it wasn't very uncomfortable to reach and maintain that result
  • I hate people like this too, because eventually they get so ridiculous and extreme that they don't even seem human, especially when all they talk about is their beliefs.

Both SH and LH talk only about their crazy beliefs. It's like they aren't even human, and all they can talk about is their beliefs. It's like they have no purpose or dreams or likes or anything. They seem less like humans and more like real-life strawmen.
  • You can change. You can.
    I thought this was going to be about those tropers who claim to be insane and boast about it as if it was a good thing.
  • Yeah, they're bad, but over-the-trope toppers are even worse.
  • edited 2011-05-18 10:57:15
    Loser
    I would tend to blame the actual ideologies more than the individual tropers themselves for this kind of thing. As I think Chagen said in another thread about racists and which I believe applies here as well, hating people for their worldviews may only entrench a victim complex or make them think that since everyone else disagrees with them they see the truth that no one else sees. I think the second reaction that I just mentioned is particularly common among those who have "over-the-top" views and who I believe tend to look down on those with mainstream views as being "sheeple" and such.

I think there is also the question of whether tropers are really serious about such things or whether they are merely saying them for attention. I have no way of knowing that for sure, but I hope it is the latter.

It might just be that such views come of a genuine concern about something or a desire to solve a real problem. I guess some people think that extreme means are necessarily to solve extreme problems. If that is true then, I think that it is possible to persuade people to go away from those "over-the-top" views if one is able to effectively present an alternate means of achieving the same goals.

All of that being said, this kind of thing does trouble me. It is difficult for me to see people advocate killing people as a solution to a problem, especially when it seems impossible to change their minds.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    After catching up on the British politics thread I concur on the SH point.

It seems like he was raped by an entire police force when he was younger.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Those tropers wouldn't bother me nearly as much if they didn't talk about their crazy beliefs with literally every post.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Literally I don't think I can post in that thread without saying something dickish to him, so I'll moan here and then have dinner and forget about it.

He falls into my category of 'pololitic' he has one singular view and is espousing it greatly, but he doesn't seem to understand the actual consequences, or that the people in his ideal situations (read no police) would have some disagreement about it.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    "pololitic"

ICYCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALMMM
  • I hate people like this too, because eventually they get so ridiculous
    and extreme that they don't even seem human, especially when all they talk about is their beliefs diaper fetishes.

• Chagen talks about his life, his political beliefs, and his family too, notwithstanding.
  • Chagen may talk about crazy things, but at least I could tell he wasn't insane.
  • Right-o. I forget that his illustrious life of being a right-wing homophobic transgendered pansexual who is a Deist Christian atheist with self-diagnosed schizophrenia was any less ridiculous.
  • He can believe in that as long as he doesn't think he's allowed to break any law and all officers and the government should die.
  • People are constantly pissing on Chagen, which makes him less annoying to me that SH who hangs out on the least personal-attack-y forum.
  • Savage Heaten is psychopathic and fairly stupid, but he isn't as as self-absorbed.
  • edited 2011-05-18 15:11:50
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Nevermind. 
  • No, please, speak your mind.
  • edited 2011-05-18 15:14:52
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I was going to post

He can believe in that as long as he doesn't think he's allowed to break any law and all officers and the government should die.

Except he does.

But ninja was talking about Chagen, not SH.
  • But see, isn't he just too damn stupid to take seriously? At least we're giving Chagen the benefit of the doubt.
  • "Right-o. I forget that his illustrious life of being a right-wing homophobic transgendered pansexual who is a Deist Christian atheist with self-diagnosed schizophrenia was any less ridiculous."

Are you trolling? I'm a crossdressing left-wing bisexual, you stupid fuck.
  • Oh, feisty, I love that. Give me more of that righteous self-contradictory anger!
    Um, if you're gonna bitch at each other, can you please do it...elsewhere?
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I have the feeling that Chagen is to notwithstanding what Tongpu is to Myr.
  • This thread is going places.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    I have the feeling that Chagen is to notwithstanding what Tongpu is to Myr.

Hateorgy, anyone?
  • SH is to me in that relation. Damn, never thought this would happen.
  • Go away, Juan Carlos. You're no fun.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    But he is right.
    Nyarly: You're IJBM, where being right doesn't matter. Shitstorms and bitching at other people are all that matter.

Continue, Notwithstanding, you're just proving me right.
This discussion has been closed.