If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

icycalm's books

edited 2011-05-08 15:40:21 in General
They call me Rate Miser, whatever I see... turns overrated in my eyes...

Place your bets, people.

First off, will he even release them? No.

I think that most/some of the articles that get published in book form are already in the website, so either he's taking the ones published in his books out and making us pay for them, or leaving them there and thus remove the need to buy those books in the first place, making him an illegal scammer.

I think he'll be suprised by the reviews, if he even releases them to other websites like Amazon. If not, then he'll still be suprised by the sales.

I wonder of his future when alas, nobody still respects him. Will he apologize, or is it too much for our noble icy at this point?

Comments

• " illegal scammer"

wut
  • Those descriptions define What Do You Mean Its Not Awesome.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
  • edited 2011-05-08 15:57:54
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Hearing the name "icycalm" a few times lately, I tried to find out who this guy is and why nobody likes him. After coming across a liveblog by Our GLORIOUS Leader (which was apparently inspired by the maker of this thread) and reading a bit of it, I have to say:

What. The. Fuck?

EDIT: That was a very appropriate ninja, GL.
  • ON THE GENEALOGY OF "ART GAMES": A POLEMIC

"Then did the gods make resolve and ordain unto men

destruction, that in after times too there might be matter for song"

Odyssey, Canto IX

In
    On the Genealogy of "Art Games" Alex Kierkegaard shows, not merely that videogames "are art", but
    the highest art that could ever possibly exist. Patterned after Nietzsche's
    On the Genealogy of Morals, the
    three essays that comprise this extraordinary book trace the history of the decline of the various artforms as a
    consequence of the rise of democracy, and their subsequent hijacking and debasement by talentless money- and
    fame-craving thugs to compensate for their sheer ineptitude. In a parallel account, Kierkegaard unfolds the evolution
    of art as a function of scientific and technological progress, defining art here for the first time as "the craft of
    illusion", and pointing towards immersion and complexity as the key concepts for its understanding, before tearing
    apart all competing theories of art in terms of pathetic "messages" and "meanings" and uncovering what lies
    beneath
    the shallow moralistic chatter of journalistic hacks and pseudo-academics — the fundamental message
    of the universe.

Far from merely a study of the art of videogames, as a superficial reading would suggest,
    On the Genealogy of "Art
    Games"
    is the definitive analysis of the history of art: and of its future.

Basically my reaction. I can't recall the last time I was actually mad about something over the Internet.

That guy needs to stop sucking Dr. Thesaurus Nietzsche's dick and actually get a clue. 
  • edited 2011-05-08 16:11:49
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I love how he has reviewed all his books on there, without them being out.

There is nothing wrong with Nietzsche, just the people who misappropriate his works and stuff.
    ^^ Holy fucking shit, at least it took me a paragraph of reading Icycalm before my brain broke. This man accomplished it in just one sentence:

Christianity is known as the woman's religion because it is based on unthinking submission.
  • They call me Rate Miser, whatever I see... turns overrated in my eyes...

I don't even like what they call "art games" these days and still this guy sucks. He also says old games suck because they're not complex enough, even though he calls some of them art. Isn't the general idea of anything being art is that it stands the test of time? (Like Super Mario Bros and R-Type)

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    ô_O
  • They call me Rate Miser, whatever I see... turns overrated in my eyes...

Link here. I hope I'm reading this wrong, but I think he says that old games are already done before and that we should dump them and get something new and less "mini". Basically, Pong is art for him, but he implies it sucks now due to it being a "mini-game."

Oh, but he hates all art games, so that works out quite nicely. 
  • edited 2011-05-08 16:36:14
    I must say, it's rather a shame that someone so clearly mentally-ill serves only to invite loathing rather than pity... and before you think I'm getting up on my high horse here, the little shit enrages/disturbs/amuses/arouses me, too.
  • edited 2011-05-13 22:45:58
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
  • Glaives are better.
    I started reading that page and ended up feeling the urge to vomit up my pancreas into a bowl made from the coiled intestines of a screaming schizophrenic dwarf.
    So my liveblog was good, then?
  • Glaives are better.
    I meant the guy's blog page, not your entry. Your entry was fine.

You beautiful harlot.