If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Fictitious forces are real"

I think I'm making a trend about threads regarding commonly thrown out physics phrases.

Anyhows, the statement is not entiiiirely wrong, but whenever I hear it I have the feeling that the person saying it doesn't know what they're talking about, at least if they state it willy-nilly with little explanation and especially if the people they're saying it to isn't expected to know the details. I mean, it's literally like saying that the Sun revolves around Earth, you'd think that would deserve an explanation, wouldn't you?

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Something like, they're real, they just aren't forces?
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You mean non-inertial frame-of-reference forces like the centrifugal force?
  • edited 2017-09-27 02:56:51
    ^^^ Something like, they're real, but they show up from nowhere (i.e. not from gravity or anything) and suspiciously make everything work out indistinguishably from how it would if they didn't exist.

^^ i dun gedit

^ Yeah.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Sora wonders if anything is real or not just before he runs into a billion Disney characters.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road slid underneath it is dependent on the frame of reference.