If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I don't have the right operating system for this game

edited 2016-02-12 10:10:35 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

System Requirements

MINIMUM: 
    • Processor: Celeron 1.7GHz 
    • Memory: 512 MB RAM 
    • Storage: 1 GB available space

I don't have Windoes.  I only have some quantity of bucks, and they are not very win either.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/434860

(FYI the dev just friend me on Steam trying to get me to review the game, so I let her know that this needs fixing, so this might not stay funny for very long.)

Comments

• One of the images says its platform is "PC Window"
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Still better than MS Widows.
  • I can't help but see that last part as a smiley, as in, "This isn't Windows it's Windoes xp"
  • why are they still supporting XP
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    so apparently it is still half-funny, because the "xp" is still in lowercase
  • I was always amused that even people who bother to continue supporting XP stopped bothering with Vista long ago
  • They have to keep supporting XP because Southeast Asian businesses keep pirating using it.
  • @OP: I guess GMH Windoesn't.
  • edited 2016-02-16 01:32:40
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Win7 seems to be generally better than WinXP, but also better than Win8.1.  8.1 might be better than XP though.
  • Windows XP was a good option 10 years ago but it really hasn't aged well in comparison to 7 or even 8.

If I had to rank the past few versions in order of personal preference...
    7 > 10 > 8 > XP > Vista
    7 > 10 > 8 > XP > Vista

Sounds about right.

I just wish that the newer OSes had the option turn off the silly visual bells-and-whistles and enable the simpler old look/effects.
  • 7 > 10 > XP > Vista > 8

ftfy
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-02-16 02:06:48
    I mean I'm sorry but 8 is just too fundamentally broken to even rank on the same scale as "hasn't aged well" or "irritating but functional enough to do shit".  About the only OS I'd place below it is the stuff like Windows ME that literally did not run half the time.

And if I was really honest I'd put 10 somewhere between XP and Vista.  It's a really sleek OS but it has some horrifying ideas of what constitutes data security and privacy.
  • There are two things I liked about 8: the neat little menu of useful stuff when you right-click the Start button, and the redesigned Task Manager.

That was enough to bump it up a bit for me, since I adapted to the Start screen crap relatively quickly.
    Well, okay are we talking about 8.1 or 8 original?
  • Why would anyone use 8 original? It'd be like using 7 with no service packs.
  • No rainbow star
    It helps when you use things like Classic Shell as well for 8/8.1
    I would probably hate 8.1 if not for Classic Shell.
  • I made a point not to use Classic Shell or anything because I don't want to become reliant on third-party tools that I won't always have access to when using computers at work or school.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-02-17 02:52:19
    8 would be utterly unusable even in a general sense if it weren't for .1 and classic shell.

As is, it's still an OS centered on consumption rather than creation and makes it very, VERY unfriendly to pretty much anything other than social media bullshit.  It took us until after Windows 10 came out to iron out 8/8.1's kinks for a dev environment.  That thing is a fucking nightmare for anything more than browsing popular sites.