If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM II's Fifth Anniversary Thread

There wasn't one of these, now there is!

I don't come here very often so I can't answer any of these questions myself, but here they are:

• What do you think of the last year? What has happened that you like or dislike?
  • What do you think about IJBM's nowadays?
  • What would you want IJBM to be in the future? How would we go about making it so?

Comments

• tbh I don't even know why this place is still here
  • 5 years already? Man, time sure flies

Anyway, I'm glad that IJBM is still here somehow. Not very many people on TV Tropes really even remember that IJBM was ever a thing there, and it seems at times that this forum has distanced itself from its original function as a replacement.

That said, I'm glad that it's still here. It's a very friendly, if small, community and I really enjoy how laid-back and casual it usually seems. Even in the serious threads there's very little animosity between users, which is a rare accomplishment on any forum. Everything here feels personal in a way that larger forums don't.
  • edited 2016-01-09 03:55:22
    Oh boy, I completely forgot about the anniversary.

For me last year IJBM has been what it has always been, a comfy place for chillaxing, reading about what stuff you peeps find out on your weird internet adventures, your real-life going-ons, or the actual serious stuff. Whatever it is, you make it all the more enjoyable.

As for what I'd like it to be, well, the same, but more active. We've always wondered how to go about making it so, but I haven't come up with anything, so...
  • Tatterhood wrote: »
    tbh I don't even know why this place is still here
    Incidentally you should join us over at HH.
  • edited 2016-01-09 06:36:30
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Inetia's got me here
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Vorpy has returned, that's got to deserve a mention.
  • Nobody has pointed out there's 420 pages of threads now. Then again that probably counts members-only and back room threads.
  • In b4 police raid on IJBM and all our assets being seized by cops who want more expensive toys.

I like this forum because it gives me a window to the world that strikes a perfect balance between "everyone's the same everywhere" and "each culture has its own unique quirks".
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I see 405. Different settings?
  • Maybe there's actually 15 pages of back room threads.
  • Naas_Human wrote: »
    Maybe there's actually 15 pages of back room threads.

That's exactly what is, it seems.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Back Room category includes all the threads generated by people flagging posts.  That's most of them.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    • What do you think of the last year? What has happened that you like or dislike?
    • I can't remove these god damn bullets FUCK YOU I AM NOT FROM A WHITE SCHOOL, I DO NOT WANT BULLETS
    • It's deader than Avril Lavigne's acting career. WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA
    • What would you want IJBM to be in the future? How would we go about making it so?
    • Really fucking hectic, stressful and filled with idiots to argue with. I want the rejects to flow into here like they did before, and watch them passively snipe at each other like they're fagging around on ctf_2fort with Sarcastarifles or something.
    • "Oh its you again" "rolls eyes" "ha ha oh wow" "plz gibe da pussi b0ss"
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    eww 2fort
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

The last year was solid. I like solid. Solid is the same. I like the same.

It's the same as last year. I like that.

I want IJBM to continue existing and be the same.

(I could lie about wanting things to get 'better' and 'more social' but gods I love consistency so)

(also have i really been around for more than two years now?)

It's deader than Avril Lavigne's acting career.

Was that a thing? How did I not know that was a thing?

EXACTLY.
    A failure so bad that the shameful struggle wasn't even recorded on Lavigne's wikipedia page.