If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: Toxic language in gaming (WARNING: offensive language)

edited 2015-11-11 18:23:48 in General
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
The following phrases are NOT friendly banter suitable for gaming.  In fact, they're only suitable for expressing an extremely high degree of anger at someone you really hate, and, even then, they're still very offensive.
* "fuck you, bitch"
* "get fucked in the butt"
* "I'm going to rape you"
* "fuck you, nigger"
* similar phrases that include language indicating/suggesting sexual assault or racial/ethnic/etc. slurs

"Get rekt" is also pretty harsh in terms of being generally insulting to people, but I can at least accept that in place of language like the above.

Comments

• Literally can't handle the banter.
  • Just make containment servers where possible, just like they did with offensive subribbits. 
  • edited 2015-11-16 20:42:28
    I hear "that's gay" and "faggot" too much for my liking as well.

^Er, sometimes in Dota I will die because of lag and I'll say so. And I don't like having to buy wards if there are supports on my team and they aren't doing it. But most of what she says is stuff I never say, and just hear from other players because the frustration of losing has gotten to them and/or they're just horrible people. Fun hearing it in that voice, though.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

I remember in early 2000 when RAPED was the REKT of that age. RAPED this RAPED that. You got raped so hard my KDR is 2,000,0000, You're gonna need to see a doctor for that RAPE etc. RAPETRAIN'D XD

REKT is tamer now, and I'd prefer it. Toxic Y button spamming (tf2) is horrid, and I hate chat binds. But it could be worse.

• Just make containment servers where possible, just like they did with offensive subribbits. 

Yeah, 'cause that totally works. /s

• By the metric of "keeps more to itself than before", it does. A toxbox works just the same as a hugbox, as you like being around people who act like you and don't nitpick every bit of your behaviour. This is true whether it is spamming slurs at each other or vent about what subtle slights you had to endure today because of your labels to a sympathetic audience. It still doesn't mean you won't go out from time to time to badger outsiders, but you can never really prevent that 100% anyway.