If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: Death Battles, Grudgematches, Superfight, Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, etc.

edited 2015-10-06 17:08:26 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
These sorts of things, that are about comparing superpower levels and having superheroes (or their rough equivalents in various settings) fight each other, come off as some combination of boring, pointless, and/or out-of-character, to me.

Comments

• edited 2015-10-06 18:19:55
    "Who would win in a fight" is fun, though. The pointlessness is the point.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2015-10-06 18:22:56
    Heaven forbid people like things that aren't to your tastes. Not every single thing has to be meaningful. :T

I find them to be fun little time wasters. No harm in that.
  • edited 2015-10-06 18:28:07
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, I know that people have different tastes.  Was just expressing my own perspective on it.

^^ You have a point, about the pointlessness.  Perhaps the underlying cause of my dissatisfaction is that I haven't seen enough such media (such as superhero stories) to actually have thoughts about comparing them this way.

Though I do have a tendency to or at least preference for avoiding letting different stories run together in crossovers.
  • >Heaven forbid people like things that aren't to your tastes. Not every single thing has to be meaningful. 

At some point you have to incorporate that GMH works like this to your premises, or it'll drive you crazy.

Besides, he has a preference for watching cute anime girls doing "serious things" and for following american politics, so it's not like he doesn't enjoy pointless things too.
  • Fair enough. Maybe I just like poking at Glenn because I'm bored.

Next up on Death Battle, cute animu girls vs. Politics. All of them.

• The thing about Death Battle is that the question of "who would win" is irrelevant. The answer is "whoever the writer says."

That said, they're still fun to think about.