If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The feeling that one doesn't like something enough

edited 2015-01-27 02:22:24 in Media

Despite being a pretty big American animation enthusiast (by the standards of this community at least), I am not all that big on the Disney Animated Canon. I do like some of its entries, but am not especially fond of the fairy tale adaptations so many associate with the Canon.

I'm a bigger fan of Warner Bros., MGM, Jay Ward, and even the first few years of Hanna-Barbera (the output - my fondness for that is a halo effect cast over all of the studio's history, ups and downs) than I am of Disney. Seeing as how those things aren't very popular around here (or within general "nerd culture"), it makes me feel weird.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think that your likes, dislikes, and uninteresteds are all just part of your personality/profile/identity.

• edited 2015-01-27 07:25:17

Anonus wrote:

it makes me feel weird.

Breaking news: weird person feels they are weird.

On a serious note I'm confused as to who it is you feel does not like something enough. Do you feel that you don't like Disney enough or that other people don't like everything else enough?

• That I don't like the Disney Animated Canon enough.

(also, note the pattern - with the arguable exception of Ward, these are the studios that Cartoon Network and Boomerang were built around)

• I guess image has something to do with it. When I was younger, I was somewhat put off from Disney because they seemed to take themselves so fucking seriously. Mercifully getting Pixar into the fold seems to have chipped away at some of their monolithic image.