If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

$100k is still not enough to afford a quote button for the forums

edited 2015-01-10 05:09:50 in General

Onii-chan! My sides are moving on their own!

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Does it mean Vorpy has a new account?

• edited 2015-01-10 15:55:46
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ I thought I specifically sent you a PM warning you about coming here just to complain about TV Tropes?  FYI not saying "TV Tropes" does not constitute "not just complaining about TV Tropes".  Rather, it's just unhelpfully snippy.

FYI for everyone else, I'm pretty sure OP is talking about the recent Kickstarter funding and facelift for TVT.  OP, do correct me if I'm wrong, though.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also as far as I can tell, they're not done with the improvements yet.  The forum system still kinda sucks, yeah, but at least they added the watchlist link back to the bottom of the page.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

It was a policy under Fast Eddie, what do the new admins think I do not know.

• edited 2015-01-10 16:07:03
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well a quote button WOULD be nice, and a multiquote button would be even nicer though that's sort of a stretch since that's not a standard forum feature in most places.  also because i would love using it lol

• I knew this was a TVT thread before I even clicked on it.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

I'd settle for having quoteblock back. How did that, of all things, get lost in the update?

Wait, quoteblock is gone?

• a little muffled

I don't know why they don't just install real forum software tbh.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

quoteblock is gone, yes.

• At first I thought this was a thread about this place and thought "where the hell did GMH get 100k from?"

• edited 2015-01-11 14:52:28

He sold his empty school building because he didn't want to share it with me.

• Good old quoteblock, you'll be missed. Hopefully the replacement is okay.

There's a replacement, right?

Nope.

• Onii-chan! My sides are moving on their own!

• There is love everywhere, I already know

He sold his empty school building because he didn't want to share it with me.

Yay~

• I still think the new TV Tropes is ugly as hell.

• Seconding that. Who the heck thought "make it look more like a generic Wikia" was a good idea?

I see we agree on that.

• It looks like someone with actual design sense designed the site now, so I approve.

• Doesn't really look like a Wikia site. For one thing, the actual article space on a wikia site never reaches the very right of the screen due to the ad spaces and the activity box.

• Also, Wikia sites are pains in the ass to edit now. TV Tropes is not.

There's now a spoiler switch on the left side.  It's not obvious which side of the switch means what, though.

Oh hey, quoteblock is back. Cool.

• Oh, and last I checked, you can use strikeout again (something either Eddie or Fighteer, can't remember which, threw a fit about and disabled at one point because "only EDiots use strikeout" or something). 

Just noticed a subtler little thing: the badge shop has been discontinued.  Apparently, funds it raised were insufficient to justify its continued existence as a fundraising tool.