If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Is it 'wrong' to have a cynical outlook on life?

GAPGAP
edited 2014-10-09 16:07:14 in General

I know the world isn't as bad as most people say it is and it does have its flaws but is it wrong to have a cynical outlook on things?

Comments

• Be cynical. Don't be a cynic. It's perfectly fine to acknowledge that the world often sucks, but always assuming the worst is as artificial a perception as always assuming the best.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:10:42

[user deleted]

• I try to have a balanced view on things but sometimes I lean towards being a cynic depending on how I feel. Is there a way to avoid this?

• edited 2015-10-09 07:10:38

[user deleted]

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Alternatively, don't think too hard about whether you're thinking cynically or not.  Just ask yourself what it is you want to accomplish, and try to figure out how to accomplish it.

• edited 2014-10-12 01:58:22

If you happen to ponder the nature of the universe on a regular basis, use Kraken's method. If you just want to focus on giving meaning to your life, use Glenn's. There's no wrong way of thinking if it helps you towards your goals.

Incidentally, have you read Nietzche? I find his concept of the Ubermensch fascinating, and not completely about nihilism.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Interestingly enough, the original cynics don't really strike me as cynical.

• FUBARmensch, the person whose vision of jadedness conquers and shapes the world. 

• Maybe I should start reading Nietzche but I guess you guys are right. I shouldn't let myself be cynical and not do anything with my life.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:07:44
    [user deleted]
  • Me neither. Still, I will try to have mature and balanced view of things.