If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Elliot Rodger

edited 2014-09-19 12:51:23 in Meatspace

It's not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls aren't attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It's an injustice, a crime, because... I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

At these camps, the vast majority of the female population will be deliberately starved to death. That would be an efficient and fitting way to kill them all off... I would have an enormous tower built just for myself... and gleefully watch them all die.

Nope, clearly not about misogyny.

I just remember that when the Ecole Polytechnique shootings occurred in Quebec, it became permanently etched into national consciousness as an example of gun violence and violence against women. The fact that shootings like Sandy Hook and Isla Vista have barely moved any sort of action on gun control in the US is jarring.

Also, the fact he's half-Asian both pisses me off and fills me with shame. Somehow, he manages to be racist against himself.

Comments

• edited 2014-09-19 13:53:39
    Diet NEET

>stabs roommates to death(which is a much more personal crime than shooting)

>throughout the manifesto, disparages men for living up to male stereotypes(dumb, primitive, superficial) and not living up to them(weak, sensitive, low-status)

>still get shit like this(and Hess is usually so good about this stuff): http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/05/29/elliot_rodger_hated_men_because_he_hated_women.html

It's possible to be misogynistic, misandrist, racist, mentally disturbed, spoiled and suffering from ennui all at the same time, with whatever explanation is deemed most useful taking the main stage: http://mindhacks.com/2013/09/21/this-complex-and-tragic-event-supports-my-own-view/

On the last note, isn't inter-Asian racism pretty big in the U.S.? Self-defined NOWAGs bitching about the stereotypical parenting style, creating hierarchies with either Philippinos or Vietnamese at the bottom, and fostering an obsession with mixed girls as the perfect combination of Western/Eastern ideals?

• I think you're seeing these issues too much in a vacuum. Holistically speaking, he's a whiny forever aloner, and all the points you listed come back to that. The men he killed were "in the way" (and it seems the Hess article concurs with that point).

I concur that it wasn't only guns, but I'm just sick of gun culture being apparently more valuable than human lives. And this is just one case in a long series.

• This Onion piece partially conveys how ridiculous US gun crimes look.

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

All I know is that the John Oliver report on gun control in Australia for the Daily Show was an eye opener.

• edited 2014-09-20 19:22:07
    Diet NEET

I'm a bit confused how I see this issue in a vacuum when I listed all the causes that played into it(unless you mean it in the context of gun control issues, which is more of a tool than a trigger, even within the context of excessive media attention for rampage killers). This is why I didn't like the Hess article: making the absurd claim that his hatred for men stemmed from hatred of women out of desire to push a political viewpoint. Perhaps it's more powerful to identify him as a sexist, since it encompassed his toxic view on gender roles for both sexes. 

On second thought, gun glorification can be tied to assertive individualism, which is probably also a factor that weighs heavily on the minds of Americans who can't make it. 

• edited 2014-09-21 06:27:50
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

^^^, ^ This sounds like it could tie nicely with the thread on, uh, "over-eagerness" of police force in the USA when it comes to shooting suspects. Looks like the problem with crazy gunmen isn't restricted to crazy gunmen.