If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Google-Twitch rumors

edited 2014-08-01 18:20:32 in Webspace

"Sources familiar with the matter" told VentureBeat that the deal has been agreed to, and of course a bunch of outlets have taken it as solid fact. Neither Google/YouTube nor Twitch have confirmed any deal.

I'm starting to wonder if there ever was any deal.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

They already have Youtube...why would they want Twitch on top of it?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

http://www.dion.nu/weblog/img/sith3.jpg

Couldn't resist myself, I did. :)

• There is love everywhere, I already know

They already have Youtube...why would they want Twitch on top of it?

Twitch has cornered a niche that Youtube could (and has I think) copy but to less success since Twitch is practically the brand name for said niche. Therefore, buying it before it becomes big enough to refute their offer ensures they capture that niche as part of Google's audience and increases their overall net market share?

• Yeah. Twitch is very good at attracting the demographic of 18-34 year old males, whom advertisers have long coveted...and found difficult to reach. And as we all know, the Google empire is built on ad sales.

• a little muffled

does anyone actually watch twitch without adblock tho

• edited 2014-08-06 17:51:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

does anyone actually watch twitch without audio tho