If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Things you're not supposed to care about

edited 2014-04-19 22:13:18 in Meatspace

It seems like not long ago, people outside of the type world got flat out offended if you expressed any interest in typography. I've been lucky enough not to meet with that anywhere I've gone, but still.

I guess I'm just kvetching about things neurotypicals seem more aware of than autistics again...

Comments

• You sure it isn't a case of "stop, nobody wants to talk about this"?

• Well, I don't have many conversations IRL. I'm talking mostly about comments on articles about type on websites that aren't type.

I wish we had a general "People" section...wasn't sure if this went in Meatspace or Webspace because I thought it fairly broad.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

People in general need to be less offended by non-mainstream interests.

• BobBob
    edited 2014-04-21 03:36:15

I take far too much of an interest in drugs for someone who doesn't even do most of them

And also a stupid pretentious comic that hasn't updated for like a millennium

• Anonus wrote:

Well, I don't have many conversations IRL. I'm talking mostly about comments on articles about type on websites that aren't type.

Maybe the readers get annoyed with off-topic postings...? Or it's just the attitude of being smug about not caring about stuff that I vaguely recall hearing about.