If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I don't feel like enough of a people person

edited 2014-04-09 20:25:07 in Meatspace

Well, take for example The Onion continually treating autism as a joke. I feel like they can go too far at times, but the general struggle autistics face in society isn't helped by things like that. I feel like I'm not upset enough by this...

Comments

• There's no such thing as a universal autistic experience, so seeing it as a harmless joke or annoying but not worth the fuss are all valid responses(anyone accusing you of internalized ableism is clearly worth avoiding). You can decide for yourself how social you want to be: there's really no baseline for this. 

• There's no baseline for anything social. If there's a baseline, it's because people made it up so it's made-up.